09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rollin' and reminiscin'



Really, Amy?
You didn't have anything better to do?

It's down to about 90 degrees here, but I've decided it's still too hot and muggy to do
anything but stay inside after I water everything.

Yesterday, in between scouring the house and slaving over the hot stove,   :)
I went through old stuff and purged some from the computer.
That's cleaning out something, right?

Well, I didn't purge these.
Not only am I keeping them, I decided to put them on the world wide web.





The above three were all taken over the years at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
Yes, we go back for more.


This is The Hulk at Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Florida.

This is outside the Rockin' Roller Coaster at Disney.
It is an indoor coaster, but don't think it's lame.  It's not.
The park was MGM Studios, but they changed the name and I don't remember what it is now.
Hollywood Studios, maybe?
Anyway, this dude does not look like a lady.


The Hulk and the Rockin' Roller Coaster are two of my favorite roller coasters.
The Orlando photos are usually more money than I want to spend on a fuzzy photo of me with my mouth open and the G's distorting my face, so you'll just have to visualize it.


 And, this dude definitely does not look like a lady.
This is Griffon.  He terrorizes Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, Virginia.






Go ride a roller coaster.






9 comments:

MadSnapper said...

OH NO, no roller coasters for me, i don't do fast or heights, do they have merry go rounds with horses? i love those. back in the late 70's, my boys were 10 and 12, i let them talk me into riding Space Mountain, my first and last time. i prayed to live through it. i went to Bushch gardens with my brother and his family and sat and waited while they rode everything in the park. these are great photos and wonderful memories.

Brian King said...

Love the pics! :-) I don't do roller coasters...not my thing. But I admire those who do! Love the giant guitar!

Kathy said...

You are so brave!

Gail Dixon said...

I love roller coasters! What fun photos. My aunt and uncle just returned from Dollywood. They love that place and go every year.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

No thanks! I don't like roller coasters. But if you do I'm sure it's thrilling.

Kranky Granny said...

No Way Jose'. Not me. Never in my lifetime.

Did I mention that I do not do things that go High and fast. But, I have stood waiting outside the gate of many of them for the rest of my family to complete their rides. Amazing the things you see and hear while waiting.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I used to be a roller coaster person when I was young and STUPID.... ha ha ... No more though --although I'll bet that my hubby would do it.. I seemed to have lost my dare-devil-ness....

BUT--I used to ride those things with my hands in the air. GADS!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Fun! Funny faces! I used to love them, but not so much now. Guess I'm getting old.

Roan said...

I love, love, love rollercoasters. I love the fear on your son's face in that first shot...and others. I'm sure that's what I look like too, but I keep climbing aboard.