09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mississippi - Part Three - Clarksdale in the Delta


Clarksdale, Mississippi is more than it appears.

Even though we said we were not having a schedule on this trip, we did want to spend more time in Vicksburg and Natchez so we only spent a couple of hours in Clarksdale.
Being only a few hours drive for us we can visit again easily.

There was much more to see here.
If you can't visit in person, check out the links I've included.

spent part of his childhood in Clarksdale.



is owned, in part, by Actor Morgan Freeman.




The Delta Blues Museum



The Mississippi Delta is a place that you need to research first,
understand what you are going to see and embrace it.
It is not a traditional vacation spot and if you are not interested in the history of Mississippi 
and its people, it is not for you, and I would not take my kids.


10 comments:

MadSnapper said...

old buildings and old cars, whats not to love? beautiful and i love Morgan Freeman to.

Debbie said...

oh those old buildings are just fabulous!! you photographed them beautifully.

nice ride!!

Unknown said...

I hear ya. I bet the Bassman could find some really good crawfish there!

Brian King said...

I happen to like the old buildings and the historical significance of the area. It looks like a place I'd enjoy visiting.

Linda said...

A fantastic post! I love to reminisce and these photos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing, Amy.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Cool old buildings!

Cranberry Morning said...

Great tip to research any area, actually, before spending the time and money visiting it. So much is missed otherwise.

Great photos, as usual. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love, love that club! The ghost writing on the side is still so readable!

A Colorful World said...

I love blues music! And I adore the history these buildings represent! Great place to see!

Kranky Granny said...

Another excellent post. Feel as if I was the tagalong on this trip.